Rejection can be a painful experience. But worrying about the possibility of being rejected can be just as painful. In a world consumed with wanting to be accepted, it’s hard to imagine how much time and emotion has been spent wondering if someone would answer with a “yes” or “no.” Whether for a job or a date or a project idea, many a dream was left by the road because of the fear of rejection.
Do you ever wonder:
- How many inventions remain a sketch on a napkin?
- How many divine appointments missed?
- How many works of art half-finished?
- Whose destinies were diverted.
- What world-changing ideas buried?
- How many relationships could have changed your life (and theirs), but you didn’t want to bother them?
But not today.
Not if I can help it. Set everything aside for a moment and pull up that dream or goal or plan. Who do you want to pitch it to? What phone call or letter is waiting to be a reality? What’s the next step forward? Now, take your focus off of fear and let yourself dream of getting a “Yes.”
- Yes, you’re perfect for the position.
- Yes, I’d love to meet you for lunch.
- Yes, send in your information and I’ll take a look.
- Yes, I want to hear more…
As you ponder the possibilities of moving forward, more than anything, let the Holy Spirit show you God’s “yes.” Maybe He’s the one you’re most afraid of receiving rejection from… Lean in. Let His smile catch your eye. Let Him tell of all He dreams for you. It’s bigger and better than you can imagine!
The earth needs what you carry. Position yourself in the “Yes” of your Creator and let Him transform how you think.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20 NLT
I’d love to hear from you! Share your discoveries and milestones here or on my Facebook page.